Pressurising the tyre
Tyre pressurising entails the biggest occupational safety risks in the tyre industry. These risks can be minimised by deploying the right work methods and observing due care and caution.
The most important safety instructions for tyre pressurising:
- Check the tyre mounting before inflating
- Use a safety cage whenever possible
- Inflate the wheel on a mounting machine or mounted on the vehicle
- Stand far enough from the wheel, on the tread side
- If you detect something unusual, deflate the tyre and check the rim and mounting.
Above all: always concentrate fully on what you are doing!